This guide will disable a forced screensaver in a corporate environment. It will require local Administrator permissions.
- Step 0: Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- Step 1: Search for *.scr
- Step 2: Right-click the screensaver in question, then Properties
- Step 3: Open the Security tab
- Step 4: Click the Edit button
- Step 5: For each Group or usernames, check all Deny checkmarks
- Step 6: Click Ok until all the dialogs are gone
- Step 7: Beer
The file is now unusable for everyone, and it will only error silently. You can even lock your screen without it showing a screensaver.